Sunday, August 23, 2009

O'Briens Wine Specials


As is my wont, I went to OBriens in the Beacon and returned with only their specials (and the obligatory Protocolo). Still excellent, although Herself maintains I am sublimating my historic desire for Shiraz with this fruity little number, and perhaps she is right.

Secondly, I picked up a Signature Cotes Du Rhone 2007 from Cave de Rasteau, it was on Special for €9-99. Thirdly I also bought a Sicilian Nero D'Avola 2008 from Il Meridione, also at €9-99. I'll revert on these as soon as I have sampled them.

As you can see from the picture above I've got a new decanter, sort of. Herself was out in the new Ikea during the week and she picked up a few odds and ends including the decanter above. I think it may actually be a water jug, or perhaps a vase by design, but I don't care, it looks nice and it pours well and it was only a fiver.


No comments:

Post a Comment