Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Morning Coming Down

Last night we entertained June, BigNose and BigHead (the names are a long and not very interesting story). We started off with a bottle of Moet to celebrate June's XX birthday (actual age has been redacted). The trend at the moment seems to be for Cavas, Proseccos and sparkling wines so it was a nice change to have some proper bubbly. I am sick of Prosecco, just because you can buy it for a tenner doesn't mean you should.

Anyhoo we followed the shampoo with a couple of these, one of these, one of these, this Malbec, and then we tucked into the 16yo Highland Park. I should really comment on all the wines but to be honest it's all a bit of a blur. I've reviewed them all before and they were all pretty much unchanged, now leave me alone I need several days sleep.

Kudos to herself on the Tajine, btw, very tasty. And the mini apple tarts on Brioche - yum.

3 comments:

  1. and thanks again for a lovely night......

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell the punters what your FT name is then!
    i'm sure they won't be surprised at all ;-)
    great nite btw.
    best regards
    BNo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Big Belly, as well as liking my wine, I loves my food.

    ReplyDelete