Sunday, September 13, 2009

Trapiche Malbec 2007

Wow. Its been an awfully long time since I drank this. I'm not surprised I can never find it. For €10 you are getting a 20-30 Euro wine. It reminded a lot me of Penfolds Bin 389 - which is about €30. Maybe not quite the complexity but pretty damn close. Wow.

Name: Trapiche Malbec
Year: 2007
Price: €10-99
Notes: Fabulous at the price. Big, fruity and quite New World initially, this has layers of flavour, complexity and balance that most New World wines would kill for. Don't buy it if you can find it though, leave it for me. I'm going to do a post soon on this style of wine which renews my faith in the new world, and its ability to produce, at a reasonable price, good solid well balanced wine.

Note: As you can see from the picture Robert Parker likes it too, not surprising I guess.

Next: Rosé in the garden, Pinot Noir in the lounge.

1 comment:

  1. Awful wine, I wonder why everyone loves this awful beverage.

    ReplyDelete