Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Superquinn Autumn French Wine Sale


Hmmmmmm. Just looking at the flyer for the above and am not terribly enthused. Looks like mostly a bunch of cheap generic plonk sold by the varietal, which is often a bad sign for French wine, IMHO. The French producers are aping the New World by aiming for the young wine drinking crowd and obviating the reason I drink French wine, the sense of the unknown, the terrior, the French arrogance.

I'll probably buy a couple anyways and I'll let ye know how I get on.
Click here for my thoughts on the last Superquinn French wine sale.

BTW - I made the rookie mistake tonight of not having any "drinking" wine in the house, so I had to dip into my stash and crack open a Chateau Guillou as mentioned here. Damn this is good. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this could have been the wedding wine...

1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean willie - too often I want something middle of the week and end up openning the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete