Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Morton's - B.R.Cohn Silver Label Cabernet Sauvignon



We were in Morton's Steakhouse on 45th st on Saturday - all 10 of us. Myself and BE (the stag) took charge of ordering the wine - as it was, it turned out  to be a choice by BE, which I happily acceded to.

From a very extensive and expensive list he chose the 2006 B.R. Cohn Silver Label Cabernet Sauvignon, a snip at $45 a bottle. There was no point buying anything too dear in there as we would be drinking many bottles and  we weren't sure an expensive wine would be appreciated as much as it should.

For $45 a bottle (restaurant price remember!) this was a steal, a fruity youngish expression I would have said, rather than a tannic monster, but perfect for the food and the evening. YHB had a go at a "small" cajun ribeye, but failed to finish it as the previous two days had begun to take their toll.

Also on the list was a magnum of Ridge Lytton Springs for $150, sounds like a lot but at $75 a bottle, about €55 (restaurant price) this represents very good value as I have paid €90 in Shanahans for it.



My last drink of the stag, before the flight home in JFK (the Heineken). Papi, my travelling companion, had the Amstel. I was being abstinent on the flight as I had my car in the airport. If I had known my battery would be flat due to a dicky radio I might have had a couple. Anyhoo - kudos to the AA for getting my on the road within 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Just discovered your blog through RF Wine. Good to see more Irish wine bloggers ;)

    ReplyDelete