Friday, March 28, 2014

Random reds on the Ballyogan Road

Well it's been quite a while since I did a wine post (I've done a few beer posts) and given that I started my blogging career in wine it ill behooves me to ignore it now. I checked my "cellar" last night and all I had on the top shelf (day-to-day drinking shelf) and all that was there was bottle of Montrachet and various bottles of cheap/old non-vintage Champagne..

So I popped into Molloys on the way home from work and grabbed a couple of Reds on special offer. I was looking for a Chateau Boucarut but there was none to be had. So I got the bottles at left. They are:

Jerome Quiot Cairanne 2010 €11.99
I had this once before, a couple of years ago and I didn't like it, but I only found this out after I got home so, here's hoping it has got better since.
Update - we drank this but we didn't love it. It was a bit sharp or something. The flavours didn't really hang together, so it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience. I hope I remember this before I buy it a third time..

Sancho Garces Rioja Crianza 2010 €11.49
I'm always on the lookout for a nice Rioja so here's hoping... 
Update - Liked this. There was plenty of fruit, plenty of oak and a nice finish. Good value as priced.

By the way, Molloy's have a couple of very good Irish beer offers at the moment, if that's your bag.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this incident You can also visit at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HNXN3X8/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to send you one bit of remark to be able to thank you as before on your unique advice you have shown above. visit It's simply shockingly open-handed with people like you to grant unhampered what many people could possibly have distributed as an e-book to get some bucks on their own. visit here specifically considering that you might well have tried it if you ever wanted. These points in addition served like the fantastic way to be certain that other people online have the same dream like my personal own to figure out a great deal more with respect to this matter. visit homepage I'm certain there are millions of more pleasurable times up front for people who look over your site. visit our website

    ReplyDelete