Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hiatus

For various reasons - mostly job related, I'm going to take a break from blogging. I seem to be lacking that energy or passion that I used to have for this blog. I suspect the travelling and associated stress of commuting to the UK has sapped whatever surfeit of vim, zest or moxie I normally possess.

I still enjoy the wine; the seeking out of bargains, the joy of quaffing a fine claret (mostly on somebody else's nickel - I admit), and the pleasure of just writing something, and getting it out onto the intertubes for better or worse.

However, without the requisite passion, I feel I wouldn't be able to produce content that would be much beyond a list of what I've recently sampled, which wouldn't be particularly entertaining or edifying.

So until this current project is finished - approx. six months hence, I won't be doing much blogging. I will continue to tweet - http://twitter.com/willieswineblog as this seems to be a more suitable medium for the kind of contribution I wish to make...

End of line.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Willie, but glad to see you're not entirely gone and your tweets will live on. Always enjoy your no-nonsense approach to affordable and quality wines.

    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be good, Willie, and see you in June or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How will your wife know what wine to have ready for you when you get home?

    ReplyDelete