Monday, October 11, 2010

Results of the Dalkey Jury

I bought the following wines in On the Grapvine on Saturday, a Domaine de Bisconte Cotes Du Roussillon 2008, and a La Cabotte Colline Cotes Du Rhone 2007, both wines were about 11/12 euro.

The Domaine de Bisconte is popular - I was informed, and no wonder. I don't know what I was expecting but not a young, fruit-forward, New World-like wine. By no means unpleasant, it was a bit too jammy for me, but if you like your New World wines, you won't go wrong here.

The La Cabotte was corked. I tried the cling film rescue trick and it took the edge off the TCA but the wine remained stubbornly undrinkable. I was 0 for 2 in Dalkey, unfortunately, but I will go back.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Willie, sorry you didn't like the Bisconte. I don't find it jammy, but that's the beauty of wine - its all subjective. Bring back the Cabotte - we replace corked bottles foc. Gabriel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps jammy was too strong, I just didn't expect such a fruit forward wine from Southern France.

    Re Cabotte - I'm afraid bottle and wine will be long gone by now but I'll try it again next time I'm down your way.

    Willie

    ReplyDelete